Sunday, May 07, 2006

Kudos to the Chronicle

By and large I agree with the fact that mainstream media have ignored this conflict and have only given coverage when they have access to the most sensational video footage. All media, that is, except for one newspaper: The Citrus County Chronicle. The Chronicle, although it is geared completely towards a rural, Florida American audience, has done more than its fair share. Besides almost consistently running a Darfur story in its World News section this past week, they asked me to write a commentary piece.

This past Sunday they ran a full page spread on Darfur on their Commentary page - more than most major newspapers in the country have done. Kudos to the Chronicle. To read the commentary, click here. I will post it later as well.

In addition, the Citrus County Chronicle did a story about me, my life and my passions. You can read that story by clicking here.

No comments: